Monday, May 10, 2010



Happy Mother's Day!!



This is a pic of me and my gals at the Mother's Day tea at Miss Z's school. I wish the pictures of Miss Z in her teapot costume turned out, but they are too dark. Her class sang "I'm a Little Teapot".






I just love this picture of Miss Tiny and Miss Z. She is certainly in big sister mode here. She was telling Miss Tiny to smile for the camera.




And now...on to the baking frenzy!!!




I made this recipe I have that makes six loaves of bread this weekend. I am trying to get back into baking our bread. It is ridiculous how much it costs to get a loaf of bread that doesn't have high fructose corn syrup in it (even the wheat ones!)





Here is the dough rising. Six loaves is a lot of dough. I let it rise in my spagetti pot.


Here is the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fabulous-Homemade-Bread/Detail.aspx






I also like to make power balls for my 2nd breakfast (some people call second breakfast a morning snack). They are yummy and no bake and healthy and I LOVE them. I like to scoop them out with an ice cream scoop. You can roll the balls, but then most of the power balls end up on my hands (I like to keep it in the intended delicious ball form).


Here is the recipe: http://wondertime.go.com/life-at-home/article/powerball-cookies.html







Lest you confuse me with Martha Stewart (ha ha) here is what my kitchen looks like during the weekend baking frenzy.







Chocolate graham crackers. I used the same recipe as last week and eyeballed adding in some cocoa. These give me lots of ideas for things like ice cream sandwiches. mmmmmm.......






I decided to get fancy and make a braided loaf and I think it turned out pretty well.






Here's all the bread all stacked together. It really is a good recipe.


Onward to the week ahead. Grant me strength and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment