Friday, May 7, 2010

Simplicity

So I have been thinking a lot about simplicity lately. Reducing my need for stuff. I would like to be happier. I would like to live within our means. I would like to have a better understanding of the difference between "wants" and "needs". I would like to not turn my children into little robots that just say, "More, more, more!"

So I am trying it....dipping my toe in, if you will.

For starters, I have come to accept the fact that this house will probably not be all decorated. I really wanted it to be the picture of perfection. But it is nearly one year later and we still don't have most of the curtains up and the kitchen never got painted (still has the blue tape on the walls). The extra bathroom is now condemned until further notice, etc., etc. And you know what? I realized I didn't so much care anymore. Over time, I assume my house will develop the character I was after and it will probably be so much more "me" than all the times I have completely done over something, only to hate it in 6 months.

But this is experimental and gradual. Think of the timeline of my process as trying to pour some honey out after you put it in the fridge.

more soon

p.s. My nephew is being born today. I am so excited that I can't stand it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment