Tuesday, March 29, 2011

FARMERY BLISS



Here is the haul I got at the farmer's market this weekend. While I did not technically buy EVERYTHING produce at the farmer's market (the fam eats a lot of bananas and they don't sell those up to the farmer's market) I bought most. So far everything has been delicious. I have never tasted such flavorful cucumbers as the ones pictured here. MMMMMMMM good. And the pan chocolate was about the best I have ever had (and my husband is French, so that is saying something).




This is cheeseburger soup. I saw something like this on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on food network. My version includes an entire block of Velveeta, chicken stock made from leftover ramen noodle seasoning packets, chopped farmer's market tomatoes, ground turkey, onion and iceberg lettuce shreds stirred in at the table...oh, and milk. This made a crap ton of soup. We ate it for dinner, lunch and dinner the next day and dinner again last night. But it was super yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, that soup sounds yummy! I so wish there was a decent farmer's market around here, but I've yet to find one.

    ReplyDelete