Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Life as it is

This is the real me. Tired and trying to get my ridiculously slow computer to work. Wearing my daughter's bow to keep my bangs out of my face. Mascara long since gone south of my eyes and onto my cheeks for the winter. Z took this when I wasn't paying attention. She has a way of capturing things. The eyes of a child see the truth.


But I do clean up nicely. The hubz and I had a record release party to attend on Friday night. It was at this amazing retro club (www.clubcicada.com) where vintage dress is encouraged. I NEVER miss an opportunity to don a costume. I think we are a smashing couple (please ignore all the crap behind the smashing couple).

Then on Saturday I commenced the baking frenzy. The only new additions were these oatmeal cookies. They are apparently Jim Bob Duggars favorite cookie. I am totally obsessed with the Duggars. While I may not share all of their beliefs, I choose to believe that they are as precious as they seem on t.v. and that gives me joy. Miss Z and I have spent many a bonding moment watching their show (she calls it "The Boys and the Kids").
When you click on the link, you have to scroll down through the recipes to get to it, but they are really yummy.


And this whole wheat molasses bread is the bomb. It makes great toast and is kind of like a very decadent and tender cornbread. Try it!


All the booty I baked.

On Sunday we went to the beach with some friends and the girls had a blast. Z, Papa and Uncle Cameron made a sand castle. Miss Tiny reinacted a scene from Godzilla and, well...you get the idea.

My dear friend Marie was one of the folks we went to the beach with. This is a picture of us in front of a lovely California sunset.

On Monday I finally decided that I had to weed the garden patch. It just didn't look like a proper garden with all the weeds around the pots. Fabulous hat, huh?



Both of my tomato plants have babies!!!!!! I am going to eat the babies. Bwah ha ha!
So that is life as it is.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, well, even when you think you look bad, you still look pretty good. And I LOVED the costume/outfit! Ya'll are a damn handsome couple.

    ReplyDelete